An operating mine in Angola is now recruiting for a strong character to lead their HR team and report directly to the Director of HR & Administration. This role requires a bilingual Portuguese / English speaker and will be site based on a rotational basis.
The preference is for a national candidate.
What you will be required to do:
- Liaise with Labor, Admin and HR Government departments, and Traditional Authorities
- Develop, manage and maintain area HR processes and procedures.
- Propose policies for improvement in the execution of plans related to Human Resources Management, such as labour discipline, personnel recruitment, evaluations, promotions, professional training
- Responsible for IR and ER matters
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Department and respective HOD's, ensuring compliance with the Angolan legislation
- Ensure employee onboarding process is filled correctly including employment cards and payroll activities
- Prepare HR weekly and monthly reports
- Ensuring the execution of the annual performance appraisal at the mine, i.e., giving due Support to the HODs in order to have the process completed annually
What you will bring:
- A Degree in any relevant HR field or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in HR
- Experienced in the mining industry working on site for an operating mine
- Experienced dealing with unions and building rapport
- Good knowledge of General Labor Law, Trade Union Law and Labor Agreements
- Experience with Primavera software
- Fluent language capabilities in Portuguese / English
What they will offer you:
Salary is paid in USD as a tax-free salary and is negotiable depending on experience + production bonus. The package includes family medical cover, social security, travel, accommodation & meals.
Apply if you are interested in learning more. Suitable candidates will be contacted, and a full and extensive job description will be shared along with the employer information.