Senior position opening for a large water supply project with an infrastructure consultancy based at their in-country project office. They require a very experienced professional to lead the project; team collaboration is key to unsure its success.
This large project involves a local government initiative to provide irrigation and drinking water to rural parts of the country involving construction of tunnelling (soil & rock), earth concrete dams, large canals and large hydraulic structures. The project is already in construction.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Being responsible for overall direction of the team, coordination of inputs, and management of individual specialists;
- Setting-up an effective organizational structure, preparing and implementing all administrative systems and procedures needed to ensure the effective design and supervision of the contract works in accordance with the scope of works with acceptable international standards;
- Overall management of the planning, design and engineering teams and their activities. Providing expert advice as required. Review and ensure outputs are complete, well prepared using consistent formats, and their content are prepared to the highest standard;
- Having overall responsibility for the timely delivery and quality of all outputs, in formats that are acceptable to the government and investment banks.
- Managing the relationships with the government, investment banks, project management and implementation units and all other stakeholders;
- Carrying out a comprehensive review of the feasibility studies and detailed designs done to-date and draw attention to changes which may have become necessary
- Advising on construction and contracting methods, and performing a comparative analysis of options, benefits, risks, mobilization, and implementation schedules;
- Assisting the project departments to prepare invitation for tender; preparing bid evaluation criteria, initially evaluating, providing advice on alternative proposals & recommendations
- Reviewing the construction schedule of the tunnelling methods and recommending the most optimal solutions, and reviewing the dam designs with the construction schedule;
- Reviewing mobilization of the Contractor’s resources;
- Advising the Program Director in coordinating the planning, management, monitoring and reporting of all project activities including supporting the development and implementation of progress monitoring systems.
To qualify for this position -
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Masters is a plus with over 15 years over all experience.
- 10 years’ management experience for large construction projects for tunnelling (soil & rock), earth and concrete dams, large canals and large hydraulic structures
- Experience of leading design and implementation teams also planning, design, contract management, quality assurance and quality control, safety and compliance with safeguards.
- Experience working as an expat in developing countries with excellent verbal & written English.
Salary & Package -
NET salary around €143,000 EUR + 4 weeks of holiday allowance per annum on a 3-year consulting contract + Accommodation, local transportation, 3 x Return Air Tickets per annum. Single status but can be available for marital status. Freelance contract. October 2020 proposed starting month. The hiring company are negotiable and can be flexible on the package structure.