A residential role based in a thriving city in Southeast Asia has emerged, you will be employed as a specialist by a hydropower development company with several projects in various stages. You will need to be a strong leader to guide the team of experienced nationals and develop them whilst assisting the department which has huge investment and project pipeline.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Develop technical inputs of specialists, national experts, and consultants in preparing, updating and implementing the regional hydropower strategy and technical guidelines.
- Identify gaps, advise improvement solutions in hydrology & energy-related technical matters.
- Lead in developing technical reports, analysis, and specifications related to hydrology and energy deliverables for new and existing hydropower projects.
- Advise in water resource optimisation for Hydropower operating plants.
- Lead technical discussions related to hydrology & energy findings with external parties.
- Benchmark international standards and best practices for hydrology and energy assessments in hydropower project development
- Provide mentorship and competence building for the team members from a Hydrology perspective.
What you will bring:
- Degree in Hydrology, Civil, Water related, Hydropower or equivalent coupled with membership of a professional Institution or Chartership.
- 20 years experience in Hydrology, hydraulics and energy.
- Excellent understanding of water resources infrastructure design, function, and operation and experience delivering sustainable solutions for water management and engineering of water related projects, not limited to hydropower projects.
- Skill in various methods of performing rainfall-runoff modelling and flood (g. Statistical, numerical).
- Experience in climate change analysis will be an advantage.
- Familiar with international standards such as ICOLD, IHA, IFC.
- Leadership and project management capabilities!
- Fluent in English – written & spoken.
What they will offer you:
This is a contract assignment, they foresee they will need your services for 2-3 years. You will be based residentially in Asia and required to travel.
Salary is USD (negotiable) and can be offered on an employee or freelance basis as a gross figure.
Apply by submitting your CV. Only suitable applicants will be contacted with full information about the position, location and company.