A residential role based in a thriving city in Southeast Asia has emerged, you will be employed as a specialist by a hydropower development company with several projects in various stages. You will need to be a strong leader to guide the team of experienced nationals and develop them whilst directing the department which has huge investment and project pipeline.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Develop technical inputs of other specialists, national experts, and consultants in preparing, updating and implementing the regional sustainable hydropower strategy and technical guidelines.
- Analyse gaps and develop improvement in technical matters.
- Advise in management, administration, and review of project deliverables.
- Contribute in technical reports, designs, technical specifications, and other deliverables for hydropower.
- Lead technical discussions related to Hydropower Development with external parties.
- Continually provide mentorship and develop the team members in the Hydropower
What you will bring:
- Degree in Civil, Hydropower or Water Resources Engineering (or equivalent)
- 30 years experience in planning, design and construction supervision with full oversight of projects for large dam structures including hydropower. With 10 years experience specific to design.
- Experienced with projects overseas and international design codes, international standards (ICOLD, IHA, IFC) and also FIDIC.
- Demonstrated ability to work in large team, technical and scheduling accountabilities of the role.
- Problem solving and analytical skills in project management and hydropower engineering.
- Fluent in English – written & spoken.
What they will offer you:
This is a contract assignment, they foresee they will need your services for 2-3 years. You will be based residentially in Asia and required to travel.
Salary is USD (negotiable) and can be offered on an employee or freelance basis as a gross figure.
Apply by submitting your CV. Only suitable applicants will be contacted with full information about the position, location and company.