A major Infrastructure consultancy requires a Senior Project Manager for a Hydro-electric project to act as the Owners’ engineer for the construction phase of the civil works and E&M for a duration of over 4 years.
Qualifications Required –
- M.Sc. / B.Sc. in civil engineering;
- Membership of a professional institution;
- 25 years of experience in detail / construction design, contract management and construction site supervision for large infrastructure and hydro projects.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management and as Team Leader.
- Work experience on projects in developing countries;
- Ability to develop Client relationships.
- Co-operative and flexible work style to accommodate workload and deadlines when required and able to work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad at locations as required by ongoing projects.
- Experience in working in multi-national and multi-disciplinary work teams.
- Ability to write effectively in English to furnish reports and to prepare business development materials including proposals.
Relevant Experience for Assignment –
- Technical and Financial Project Management of Hydropower and Dam Project, to include but not limited to detail / construction design, contract management and construction site supervision.
- Acting as Engineer for three main contracts
- Leading the project design/site teams, controlling project time and cost management, review of project deliverables.
- Review and Quality Assurance of technical input to projects and ensure compliance.
- Financial performance, including managing the budget, invoicing, revenue collection and management of Project costs.
- Establishing and maintaining a close working relationship with the Client and the Project Advisory Board.
- Monitoring Project work according to project scope, including claims for contract variations where appropriate.
- Human Resource Management.
- Communications management,
- Ensure project technical & deliverable quality.
- Manage sub-consultants and sub-contracts as required for Project delivery.
- Participation in Proposal preparations and marketing activities
Salary & Package -
They are offering an Annual Basic Salary of +137,000 USD NET (Based on experience & qualifications) and a package that includes: Marital & Family Status + Accommodation Allowance + Relocation Costs + 1 x Family Return Air Ticket Per Annum + Education Allowance + Expat Insurance.
Full Job spec available on request