An international consultancy is looking for a Contracts Engineer to start asap who will be involved during the construction phase of a multibillion $ water infrastructure project in Africa. This hydroelectric project has a series of water tunnels which you will manage the construction contract for this portion of the project including claims and FIDIC.
You will report to the Chief Resident Engineer and be site based on a long-term contract with employment for over 5 years.
Your involvement overview:
- Monthly measurement and payment certificates
- Claims assessments
- Support to the Engineer in all contractual issues
- Advise the client with regards to site matters
- Approve materials and ensure compliance of mix designs
- Monitor and report monthly training, empowerment, capacity building, labour and staff returns
- Monitor and report on relevant OHS and environmental legislation
- Check and control measurement of quantities as agreed on site and settle disputes which may arise.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 15 years’ post graduate experience in Civil Engineering Works preferable water infrastructure & tunnel projects during the construction phase
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience as Contracts Engineer / Quantity Surveyor in major civil works.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in FIDIC contracts
- Must have a degree in Civil Engineering / Quantity Surveying and be a Professional Engineer or approved equivalent.
- Experience in contractual matters, including claims evaluations
- Fluent in English
Salary & Package:
Basic 12,000 USD Gross per month + living allowance + accommodation + up to 4 return flights per annum + Marital Status.
Apply to the job with your CV if you are interested to learn more. Suitable applicants will be contacted and full details of the client, project & position will be shared.