A hydropower developer has an opening in their main office for an Environmental & Social Manager to lead their E&S division. They focus on small scale hydropower development projects in Africa and have a strong vision in support of the green energy movement and supporting local communities.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Lead environmental assessments across African hydro projects, from site selection and pre-feasibility to construction and operation.
- Offer expert guidance to the internal development team on environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and propose proactive mitigation measures.
- Collaborate intimately with environmental consultants on pivotal matters.
- Supervise consultants to ensure impeccable deliverables within stipulated timelines.
- Foster seamless coordination with project teams.
- Champion the steadfast implementation of environmental and social directives throughout project execution.
- Actively contribute to the design of hydro projects, with a particular emphasis on biodiversity conservation.
- Support preliminary studies and conduct due diligence on environmental and social factors.
- Innovate and propose progressive approaches to enhance sustainable development strategies.
Your ideal background:
- A related Masters Degree e.g environmental studies
- At least 5 years experience in environmental design
- Ideally experience in Hydropower projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word and VBA), Autocad, QGIS and Python.
- Fluency in French & English language
What they will offer you:
A permanent contract with a salary range from €35,000 – €50,000 gross with flexible working and some travel required
Apply by submitting your CV. Only suitable applicants will be contacted with full information about the position, location and company.