A residential role based in a thriving city in Southeast Asia has emerged, you will be employed as a specialist by a hydropower development company with several projects in various stages. You will lead a team of experienced nationals and guide and develop them whilst leading the department.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Serve as the technical advisor for the ESG & Sustainability Division to advise on the organization’s sustainability strategies, initiatives and works.
- Lead and establish environmental and social strategy for hydropower projects.
- Mentor and provide capability building to junior executive, managers, and subject matter expert in environmental and social function.
- Work closely with the various departments to ensure the compliance to regulatory, ESG, HSS and REC are being met.
- Develop training programs, workshops, and communication materials to educate employees on ESG / sustainable practices.
What you will bring:
- 25 years+ of professional experience in the E&S / ESG field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- High understanding of ESIA including during the PFS and FS stages for hydropower projects.
- Experience in sustainability assessments.
- Experienced with ESG Standards and Assessment Tools, such as HSAP, HSS, IFC Performance Standards & World Bank (ESS).
- Extensive experience in sustainability assessments and audits.
- Fluent in English – written & spoken.
What they will offer you:
This is a contract assignment, they foresee they will need your services for 2-3 years.
Salary is USD and negotiable and can be offered on an employee or freelance basis.
Apply by submitting your CV. Only suitable applicants will be contacted with full information about the position, location and company.