A residential role based in a thriving city in Africa has emerged, you will be employed by a hydropower development company with several projects approaching construction across the continent. They invest in, develop and operate small scale, run of river hydropower projects to increase energy access.
You will be required to travel to sites to oversee several projects throughout the construction phase into operation as part of the senior team.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Manage construction budgets and deliver projects on time
- Manage the Company’s on-site construction management teams and civil, E&M, and other relevant contractors to deliver the portfolio of hydropower projects
- Train and mentor the company’s hydropower team
- Select and liaise with the contractor and maintain relationships and networks with contractors, consultants, engineers
- Collaborate with the company’s management team
What you will bring:
- At least 10 years’ experience in the construction of hydropower projects and 5 years at managerial level
- Experience in run of river, small scale hydro
- Experience working on site in developing countries, ideally Africa
- An understanding of civil, hydrological, hydraulic and electrical & mechanical concepts appropriate degree
- Demonstrable experience developing and managing construction budgets
- Fluent in Spoken and written English
- French and/or Swahili Speaking is an advantage
What they will offer you:
This is a long term residential role and suitable for a family relocation.
Salary $150,000 – 170,000 USD Gross / annum (depending on experience) package includes medical cover + bonus potential. You are responsible for your in country taxes and accommodation, they will provide assistance in relocation and travel if you prefer single status.
Apply by submitting your CV! Only suitable applicants will be contacted with full information about the position, location and company.