A well-established international Engineering Consultancy is currently looking for Principal Civil Engineers - Tailings to join their rapidly expanding mining division in Johannesburg.
These are a newly created, permanent positions due to the growth and influx of projects, both nationally and internationally which the company have on board. You will be looking after multiple projects which include the design, build and maintenance for tailings facilities.
Your areas of focus:
- Design, review and construction of tailings facilities for all stages of the project, including scoping, PFS, detailed design through to construction stages.
- Due diligence reviewing.
- Project management and co-ordination.
- Report and proposal writing.
- Mentoring consultant level staff as required.
- Potential appointment as Resident Engineer for large projects.
Your attributes to qualify for the position:
- Over 10 years’ experience in design, construction and maintenance of Tailings Facilities.
- International exposure as a Resident Engineer for these projects.
- Technical insight in tailings management, geotechnical, leaching and water management.
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- The ability to reach deadlines within the specified budget managing multiple projects for multiple clients.
- Exceptional communication skills for client liaison.
- Skills including report writing, auditing, mentoring juniors, manging people and technical teams, leadership and business development.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Salary & Package:
Outstanding & competitive package: the gross salary on offer is paid in South African Rand and highly negotiable for the right candidate (reliant on experience & qualifications). The package includes pension contributions, life, accident and disability cover and medical insurance. Plus, there is an annual bonus and potential assistance in relocation. The company are open to all nationalities and will assist in a visa process.