An International renewable energy developer is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for their Cape Town office for wind and solar projects.
You will be an expert in project development for renewable energy projects in South Africa from the initial evaluation through to financial close.
The company has a European HQ but offices and projects internationally. Their South African base is growing and they already have an established team in the office.
A brief overview of your role:
- Lead project development in seeking out new opportunities in wind and solar projects, evaluating them and delivering. This includes budgets, land rights & permitting and grid connection feasibility.
- You will be working closely with the Development Manager
- Prepare and manage project budgets
- Ensure the technical feasibility and propose actions to reduce risk, time and cost
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders
- Report into the steering committee
- Some travel will be required
What you will have:
- Relevant Degree
- Project Management qualification is a plus
- At least 7 years or strong experience working at Project Management level in South Africa
- Experience in Wind and / or Solar project development including technical due diligence
CTC up to R1.2m with medical + pension + potential relocation assistance + bonus.
A full position overview and company details will be shared with suitable applicants, apply with your CV here.